Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 In Review

So I thought with the year coming to an end that I would do a little recap of the work I completed and the year in general. All together 2013 was a pretty good year, I graduated from college, I started grad school, got an amazing girlfriend, and made some pretty cool models! So lets begin the recap...



Probably the biggest work I did was the Master Grade GM Ground Type. This was my first try and really weathering a kit and I like the final result, but I know what I can do better next time. Overall I think the weathering is too much and could really be scaled back, but that's just a lesson learned in modeling!



After that kit was finished I just snap fitted some small kits and really did nothing special to them besides panel lines and top coating. However during the summer I did help out with the College for Kids program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. This was a blast and I enjoyed it greatly! I got to work on my USS Lionfish and my Dauntless. I haven't really done any scale military modeling before so they're not the best, but I enjoyed making them and will definitely be doing some more military models in the future! 




I also discovered miniatures! I do love my miniatures and look forward to doing more of them in the future. So far I made my Croak Hunter, I actually made two of them! (one for myself and one for my Girlfriend's sister) and I'm working on a Warjack for Warmachine. I also still have plans to do my Lizardmen army for Warhammer but it might just take a while longer than I thought... GW stuff is really expensive!



I also have a few other projects that I have completed for the 2013 year! I finished my Level Up! project for GndamUK's contest. I'm pretty happy with the results of that and will post pictures as soon as the contest is over! And I will be completing one more miniature this year... but I can't reveal that yet because its a Christmas present for somebody...

Now on to 2014 I hope to get more models done! I bought an airbrush so that should streamline the process a little bit. I just got a big mystery box full of HGUC models from Gundam Store and more so I'm excited to open that up for Christmas! I also have a bunch of models lined up for next year including a MG Unicorn Gundam, a MG Zeta A1, a MG Gouf, and what ever else I feel like working on, probably some HG kits thrown in there. I also want to focus on making really clean simple paint jobs and work on some shading techniques. I hope everybody out there has a wonderful holiday season and is looking forward to the new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment